With summer in full swing and temperatures soaring, we wanted to share with you some of our favourite ice lolly recipes that are refined sugar-free and an absolutely delicious treat for the little ones on these hot days! Whether your little one is just starting out weaning or, like my 5-year-old, ‘NEEDS’ ice cream on a daily basis, these super simple & incredibly yummy recipes are the perfect healthy snack to keep them cool.
Method for all recipes:
1. Place ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth
2. Distribute mixture into an ice lolly mould of your choice
3. Freeze for 3-4 hours and ENJOY!!
1. If adding popsicle stick, place the mould in freezer for 10 mins and then add the stick.
2. Check out Made For Mum's recent review on the best ice lolly moulds here.
3. Ice lollies are great for teething babies when soothing sore gums.
4. When taking the ice lolly out of the mould, dip it in warm water to help them release better.
5. Use ripe fruit that is in season or frozen fruit for best results.
1. Strawberry, Mango & Chia Ice Lollies (via Super Healthy Kids)
1 cup strawberries
1 cup cut-up mango pieces
3/4 cup coconut water
2 tsp chia seeds
2. Banana & Blueberry Smoothie Ice Lollies (via Good Life Eats)
1 1/14 cups blueberries
1 large ripe banana
1 cup Greek Yoghurt
3. Creamy Coconut & Lime Ice Lollies (via The Charming Detroiter)
1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup milk (of your choice)
1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
1tbsp lime zest
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1 drop green food colouring (optional)
4. Avocado & Pear Baby Ice Lollies
2 Avocados, ripe
2 Pears, ripe (skin removed)
1/4 cup coconut water
5. Strawberry & Watermelon Ice Lollies (via OneLovelyLife.com)
1 1/2 cups of cubed watermelon
1/2 cup strawberries
Zest & juice of 1/2 a lime